The TN52 Yard Sale (frequently called the Hwy 52 Yard Sale) takes place each May in middle Tennessee. Started in 2000, the sale spans nearly 95 miles. The route runs from Orlinda to just past Celina at the county line, with stops in Portland, Westmoreland, Lafayette, and Red Boiling Springs.
Started in 2000, the TN52 Yard Sale now features up to 800 sellers each year. It's the second longest highway yard sale in the state. For more information, email email@example.com or call (931) 823-6421.
- Celina, Tennessee to the county line between Overton and Clay counties.
- The sale route passes through Robertson, Sumner, Macon, Clay and Overton Counties.
- Tennessee Highway 52
- 95 Miles across middle Tennessee
Dates and Times:
- Third Friday and Saturday of May
- 2019 Dates: May 17 and 18
- 2020 Dates: May 15 and 16
- Starting and closing times vary by seller Dawn til dusk is a good guide for Friday.
Along the Way:
- For lunch, look for local restaurants as you pass through cities along the way. Or, if you're passing through at the right time, visit the food vendors on the stretch to the west of Lafayette.
- While you're in the area, stop at some of the wineries on or near Tennessee Highway 52. The yard sales aren't the only places along the route to find treasure.
Hwy 52 Yard Sale Shopping Tips:
- You'll find the most yard sales just west of Lafayette, Tennessee.
- The individual sellers determine their starting times but expect them to start early each day.
- It's fine to haggle for better prices, but expect the best deals on Saturday. from mid to late afternoon. Also, make sure you're not haggling the wrong way.
- Some sellers start packing up their goods as early as 3:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Before you leave for the sale, pack a cooler with bottled water, toss your treasure hunting tool kit in the car, and brush up on the top 10-yard sale shopping tips. If it's your first time driving the TN52 Yard Sale route, read these highway yard sale shopping tips as well.
- Watch for banners and yard sale signs as you drive the route. Some may even point the way to off-highway group and individual sales.
Selling at the Hwy 52 Yard Sale:
- There's no fee to participate in the TN52 Yard Sale as a seller. If you plan to sell within the city limits of Portland, however, you will need to register for a free permit.
- If you don't live along the route, contact the local Chamber of Commerce where you wish to sell for information on group sale locations. For Portland locations you must contact the property owner there is not a group location for sales in Portland.