If breakfast is really the most important meal of the day, why not start it off with a tofu protein boost? Check out these filling and nutritious vegetarian breakfast recipes using tofu, including smoothies with tofu, tofu breakfast burritos and of course, tofu scramble recipes. Tofu is a great source of low-fat protein for vegetarians and vegans.
If you like quick, low-fat, high-protein and inexpensive meals, then tofu should definitely a part of your regular cooking repertoire.
Check out this complete list of vegetarian tofu recipes if you haven't already, to find ways of using tofu to make everything from lasagna to cheesecake.
Or, if it's protein you're after first thing in the morning, and you're less concerned with it coming from tofu or something else, you might also want to check out these high protein vegetarian breakfast ideas, or, for something a little different, try one of these seven ways to have quinoa for breakfast for a meat-free morning protein boost.
Tofu scramble for breakfast:
Tofu scramble is the obvious answer for how to have tofu for breakfast, but there's no need for it to ever get boring. You can add some breakfast veggies (tomatoes, mushrooms, or bell peppers), add different spices (curry powder, cumin, chili powder) or seasonings (try a bit of Bragg's Liquid Aminos or nutritional yeast). Here're a few tofu breakfast scramble ideas to get you started:
- Easy and Basic Tofu Scramble Recipe
- Spicy Tofu Scramble Recipe
- Tofu "Bacon and Eggs" Scramble (pictured)
- Curried Tofu Scramble with Spinach
- Simple Tofu Breakfast Scramble with Cheese
- Quick and Easy Tofu Scramble with Salsa
- Tofu Breakfast Scramble with Spinach
Tofu Breakfast Burritos:
Wrap your tofu scramble up in a flour tortilla and you're well on your way to making a tofu breakfast burrito!
Add some salsa and also some cheese, if you're not eating vegan. Here're a couple recipes to get you started:
Tofu smoothies and shakes:
Got some silken tofu on hand? Stick it in the blender with your usual smoothie ingredients, and you've got yourself a healthy, all-natural, high-protein shake. Here're a few ideas to get you started:
- Vegan Chocolate Shake with Tofu
- Strawberry banana tofu shake
- Blueberry Tofu Smoothie Recipe
- Pina Colada Tofu Shake
- Tofu Peach and Pineapple Yogurt Smoothie
- Orange and Mango Indian Lassi Shake
- Simple Tofu Mango Lassi Recipe
Miscellaneous Tofu Breakfast Ideas:
Beyond smoothies, shakes, scrambles, and burritos, there're even more ways to incorporate tofu into your breakfast:
- Vegan Quiche with Soy Cheese
- Potato and Tofu Frittata
- Tofu Spinach and Artichoke Quiche
- Tofu Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- Vegan baked tofu quiche with spinach and cauliflower
- Apple Pecan Protein Pancakes