A twist on the classic, this tomato beurre blanc sauce recipe features the traditional, rich butter sauce accented with vivid-tasting, fresh tomatoes. Use it to accent grilled seafood for a pleasing and flavorful dish.
- 1 tomato (Flesh from 1 plum tomato, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white wine)
- 3 tablespoons white wine (dry)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- 1 cup butter (cold, cut into 16 cubes)
How to make tomato white butter sauce:
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chopped tomatoes, vinegar, wine, and shallots to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens slightly. Add the crème fraiche to the glaze and boil it for an additional 2 minutes.
Add the butter, one cube at a time, allowing each piece of butter to fully dissolve before adding the next one.
When the last of butter has just melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the shallots, if desired. Season the beurre blanc sauce with salt and pepper and serve immediately.