- 2 cans crushed tomatoes with juice (28 ounces each)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 can/6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons mustard (dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 3 cups bread (toasted, white, cubed)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Optional: fresh parsley sprigs
- Grease a 3-quart baking dish. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sugar, paste, mustard, soda, and salt.
- Place bread cubes in the baking dish; drizzle with melted butter.
- Pour tomato mixture over bread.
- Refrigerate up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired.
More Tomato Recipes and Related
Tomato Rice Soup
Zesty Tomato Peanut Soup
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Crockpot Stewed Tomatoes
Tomato Pie II
Ham and Tomato Pie or Quiche
Broiled Tomatoes with Parmesan Cheese
Tomato Cheddar Bake
Tomato Salad with Endive
Tomatoes with Parmesan
Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Green Bean and Tomato Casserole
Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice
Tomato Zucchini Fettucine
Whole Baked Tomatoes