The Tomojito is simply a tomato Mojito and it is delicious. If you enjoy fresh tomato in your cocktails you'll really enjoy this one because while the majority of its ingredients are tomato-based, it is light, significantly lighter than a Bloody Mary and the like.
The cherry tomatoes are muddled to release just the right amount of their delicate juices and it's paired with Three Olives' tomato vodka. Add a little basil-infused simple syrup (which is very easy to make) and a bit of lime for the sour aspect and you have a great drink different from any other.
Update: Three Olives' Tomato Vodka is no longer available, though there is a DIY tomato infusion recipe below so you can continue to enjoy this cocktail.
- Muddle 2 lime wedges, 1 cherry tomato and basil-infused simple syrup in a glass.
- Add vodka and ice.
- Shake well.
- Top off with soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and cherry tomato.
Recipe Courtesy: Three Olives Vodka
*Tomato Vodka Infusion:
- 1 pound of ripe tomatoes, cut to fit in infusion jar
- 1-750ml bottle vodka
- Sprigs of fresh basil, oregano, or other herbs that are commonly paired with tomato in something like a marinara sauce
- Place the cut tomatoes and full sprigs of herbs into a large glass jar and fill with vodka with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 5-7 days, shaking daily.
- After 5 days, test the infusion for flavor and allow it to infuse longer if needed.
- Once the infusion is to your liking, double strain the vodka to remove all of the tomato.
- Bottle in the original vodka bottle or a similar glass jar with a tight lid.