01 of 06
Is it Time to Buy or Build a Gazebo?
Many well-designed gardens include an ornamental or accessory building that provides shelter, trains plants and vines, and serves as an attractive focal point. A gazebo – believed to be from the word gaze and the Latin suffix ebo, "I shall gaze" – is traditionally open at the sides and has some sort of roof on top. It can be connected to a house or freestanding.
Traditionally, a gazebo consists of posts, beams, rafters, some sort of roof, and sometimes walls or curtains. Unlike a pergola, which usually has a flat roof, a gazebo usually has a pitched roof to allow rainwater to run off. It can be attached or butted up against a house or be freestanding.
Most reliable companies offer detailed assembly instructions more information on their websites. The gazebos we have chosen are top-selling models in a variety of materials, prices, and sizes. Some require more assembly than others; take this into consideration when you are shopping.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
What: Isabella Gazebo by Coolaroo
Size: 10 feet x 12 feet
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Lightweight aluminum frame is easy to install.
- Unique breathable knitted fabric:
- Blocks up to 90 percent of UV rays, but allows cool breezes in.
- Weather-resistant fabric and components also stand up to mold and mildew.
- Easy to clean.
- A lightweight, powder-coated steel post frame is color coordinated. Steel posts are also powder coated.,
- Leg hooks help keep the cover in place.
03 of 06
What: Amelie Architectural Gazebo by Design Toscano
Size: 96 x 96 x 126 inches ; 236 pounds
An old-fashioned French-style, octagonal (that's eight sides) garden gazebo.
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- Provides 43 square feet of interior space.
- Classic arches made of curved steel
- Accented with metal florettes and a finial on top.
- Built of rust-resistant, powder-coated 7/8-inch tubular steel in a chocolate brown finish.
- Bracketed feet for permanent installation.
- Simple assembly required.
04 of 06
Hampton Bay Solar Lighted Gazebo
What: Hampton Bay Solar LED Lighted Gazebo
Size:: 10 feet x 10 feet
This gazebo has a solar cell on top that charges throughout the day, which will power the LED lights to add a soft glow in the evening. The gorgeous garden structure has a weather resistant polyester canopy for 100 sq. ft. of coverage. Mosquito netting ties up when not needed or can be let down for a bug-free outdoor experience.
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Weather-resistant polyester fabric for 100 square feet of coverage.
- Equipped with mosquito netting that can be tied back when not in use.
- Features a powder-coated finish for durability.
- Canopy provides shade from the hot sun.
- Hook on the solar gazebo can hold up to 12 pounds.
05 of 06
What: Outsunny gazebo
Size: 11 1/2 feet x 7 feet 9 inches
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
- Double roof design allows excellent ventilation.
- Dome-shaped roof to prevent water from pooling.
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame gives strong support.
- Velcro fasteners keep curtains connected or can be detached to open up things.
- Double roof design for improved ventilation on hot days.
- Walls (curtains) can be closed to keep out insects or wind.
- Velcro fasteners keep walls connected or can be detached for an open feeling.
- Assembly is required but all necessary hardware is included.
- Color: orange.
- Materials include coated polyester fabric; frame material is powder-coated steel.
- Includes ground stakes.
06 of 06
Palram Palermo Gazebo
What: Palermo Gazebo
Size: 12 feet x 12 feet
- Features a 6-mm unbreakable polycarbonate panels that block up to 99.9 percent of harmful UV rays; prevents it from becoming yellow or become brittle over time.
- Its sturdy aluminum frame provides a durable, strong and corrosion-resistant structure that is also powdered-coated for extra protection.
- Includes integrated rain gutters, channels, clips for curtains, an anchoring kit and roof vent
- Fast and easy DIY setup. Designed for year-round weather conditions.