These tortilla pinwheels are very popular, especially for holiday entertaining. Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or use your own favorite dip ideas.
The filling for these roll-ups is a basic chile and cheese mixture, but feel free to experiment with other ideas, like crab meat, finely chopped ham, roasted red pepper, etc..
- Have tortillas at room temperature.
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl mix with an electric mixer on low until well blended. Add the green onions, chiles, and cheddar cheese. Beat just until blended. Taste and add salt and ground black pepper, as needed.
- Spread mixture thinly and evenly over tortillas to within about 1/4 inch of the edges.
- Roll each filled tortilla up jelly-roll fashion and wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, slice each tortilla pinwheel in 1/2 to 3/4 inch rounds and arrange on serving plate. The tortillas will become dry if sliced too far in advance.
Serve with your favorite salsa or a few different dips. Ranch dressing, guacamole, and sour cream are all good choices.