High in the rankings amongst my top-recommended herbal blends for detoxification, Original Organic EveryDay Detox and Organic Lemon EveryDay Detox are two caffeine-free "detox teas" from Traditional Medicinals that are USDA organic certified, caffeine free and surprisingly enjoyable to drink.
They produce a wide range of medicinal herbal blends, as well as some unblended teas and herbs. Of the leading producers of health-oriented herbal infusions, I usually recommend them the most often because their products seem to be reliable, easy to find, easy to prepare (they come in teabags) and more enjoyable to drink than most medicinal herbal blends.
Organic Lemon EveryDay Detox
Traditional Medicinals says that their Lemon EveryDay Detox "promotes healthy liver function with organic burdock root." It also includes stinging nettle leaf, cleavers herb, roasted dandelion root and lemon myrtle, each of which has its own detoxifying effect. Personally, I find that it is the better tasting of the two types of detox teas Traditional Medicinals offers.
Pros for Organic Lemon EveryDay Detox
- It's good for daily use
- The tea bags are individually wrapped, which keeps them fresher longer
- It tastes unoffensive (It's roasty, thanks to the roasted dandelion root, and has a strong lemon myrtle flavor)
Cons for Organic Lemon EveryDay Detox
- It's not recommended for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, renal failure or heart failure.
- Some people are allergic to stinging nettle, dandelion and/or burdock root, and should not drink this blend
- It takes two teabags per cup of tea
Organic Original EveryDay Detox
According to Traditional Medicinals, EveryDay Detox is intended to "promote healthy liver function" using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
It includes liver-friendly herbs like licorice root, lycium fruit/goji berries and schizandra fruit. It also uses chicory root to "remove heat from the liver, stimulate bile secretion, and promote digestion."
Although it doesn't taste as good as the lemon version, it's not as bad as many detox teas out there.