The Tri-State Swap-O-Rama in Alsip, Illinois isn't the kind of flea market where you'll find antiques and collectible vintage goods, but it's big and it can be fun. The 18,000 shoppers who attend each weekend certainly seem to think so.
4350 West 129th Street
- Entrance at 127th and Kostner Street
- 127th Street Exit off of I-294
- Less than 30 miles from Chicago
Dates and Times:
- Open every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday
- Indoor section closed on Wednesdays
- Weekends: $2 adult admission, $1 senior citizens and children ages 7 to 11
- Wednesdays: 50 cent admission for adults, senior citizens, and children ages 7 to 11
- Children ages six and under always enter free
- Free parking
On weekends, the Tri-State Swap-O-Rama has up to 300 sellers outside and up to 400 set up indoors. The merchandise is mostly new, but there's occasionally an overlooked secondhand treasure to be found. Expect to see:
- Housewares and home accessories
- Clothing, jewelry, sunglasses, hats, and purses
- Cosmetics, lotions, and perfumes
- Candles and scented-oils
- Books and toys
- Ceramics and glassware
- Tools and gadgets
- Electronics, movies, and games
Tri-State Swap-O-Rama Shopping Tips:
- There is a snack bar available indoors on weekends.
- The market has tons of new merchandise indoors and out. The sellers with used goods are usually set up outside.
- You may have to dig through a lot of junk in the used booths to any good stuff, but it's sometimes there.
- The flea market has a reputation for low prices — and some sellers are willing to go even lower if you haggle.
- Watch out for counterfeit designer goods. Buying knockoffs is legal. Buying counterfeit items claiming to be the real deal is not.
- You can print a buy one, get one admission coupon from the flea market's website.
Selling at the Tri-State Swap-O-Rama:
- Sellers can pay at the day as they arrive or call to make monthly reservations.
- 12-by-24-foot outdoor spaces $15 on Wednesday, $28 on Saturday, and $30 on Sunday
- 8-by-12-foot indoor space rent for $26 on Saturday and $28 on Sunday
- City of Alsip daily license fee is an additional $3 per space, per day
- Vendors must bring their own tables, chairs, and any display props. Display cases can't be more than 48 inches tall.
- Prohibited merchandise includes firearms and ammunition, drug paraphernalia, fireworks, counterfeit goods and other items violating copyrights or trademarks, fireworks, and used mattresses.
For More Information:
- Tri-State Swap-O-Rama
- (708) 344-7300