Customize this tasty recipe for tuna salad with your own favorite ingredients, like finely chopped celery or green onions. And feel free to add more dill relish, and use sweet or yellow onion instead of the red onion.
The tuna salad makes an excellent sandwich filling, or mound it on lettuce leaves or mixed greens for a lighter lunch.
Core small tomatoes and fill them with this tuna salad for a fabulous summer appetizer.
Hot Tuna and Egg Salad Rolls
- 2 cans (5 to 6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the tuna, chopped eggs, 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, the dill relish, dill weed, and onion. Add more mayonnaise, if necessary, and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve this tuna salad in sandwiches or buns or serve on lettuce leaves for a fabulous lunch.
You Might Also Like