This Paleo breakfast skillet changed my sluggish mornings into bright exciting flavorful sunrises. Sure I still hit the snooze button, but after the second wake-up alarm, I am ready to get this skillet in my mouth.
For starters, it not only as delicious and protein packed ground turkey, but it also combines grass fed mouth-watering bacon. I doubt it could get any better but then I went and combined these meats with red chili pepper and garlic and onion, to create a savory morning treat.
I know what you're thinking, "how did she not struggle with prepping the vegetables in the morning". Easy, I prepped them ahead of time. It is much easier to mindlessly chop vegetables before I go to bed rather than when I wake up and I am thinking about the millions of deadlines I have to meet, and wait did I call my mom back, and what was the last thing I needed to put on my grocery list- you get the idea. The only thing I don't ever recommend pre-prepping is the Avocado. You can precut and douse in lime juice but I just like them fresh.
Give it a try. I know it won't disappoint.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup turkey meat (ground)
- 1 tbsp. garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup onion (yellow, small diced)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (red, small diced)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (yellow, small diced)
- 1/4 cup avocado (peeled/pitted and then small diced)
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potato (small diced)
- 1 pinch chili pepper (red, crushed)
- 1/2 cup bacon (small diced)
- Garnish: 1 egg (over easy)
- Garnish: cilantro
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat
- Cook ground turkey, bacon and garlic together until done, about 10 minutes, and put into a colander for draining.
- Add yellow onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper to skillet and sweat the vegetable without turning them brown.
- Add sweet potato, chili pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add back in the turkey bacon mixture into skillet. Mix ingredients evenly through the pan for consistency.
- In an egg pan cook one egg to over easy.
- When plating skillet, toss in avocado and garnish your bowl/plate with over easy egg. Serve Immediately.
Alterations: Feel free to add in different vegetables or ingredients you have on hand that might go well in this skillet. You can also omit things such as the bacon (of you're crazy) or if you don't have it on hand.
Storage: You can store this skillet in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. I can bet you'll eat it in one setting but if you don't, my advice is to eat it as soon as you can.