Bacon, you make everything better. Brunch to me means there's bacon involved, preferably on some kind of sandwich, and it doesn't get much better than bacon, turkey, fresh avocado, and garlic aioli on beautiful whole wheat toast. It is all of the best brunch ingredients in one little bunch. Club sandwiches are so cute and fancy looking too. Those little toothpicks holding all of the tasty ingredients together... It's the perfect little sammie for a brunch buffet!
Preparing bacon in the oven is the best! It's far less messy. It cooks up quickly, and the bacon holds its shape while baking. Put some parchment paper on a baking sheet, lay the bacon down, and bake away!
The rest of this sandwich comes together with minimal cooking. Just toast up the bread, assemble with the avocado and other veggies, and you are ready to eat!
The aioli really puts this sandwich over the top. We keep it simple by whisking together a little garlic powder and lemon juice with store-bought mayonnaise. You can also use freshly minced garlic. If you are feeling daring, make some of your own mayonnaise!
This sandwich can definitely slip and slide. It helps to layer it in the way we listed below, where some of the slippery stuff is separated. Cutting the sandwich into four little triangles also helps you get all of the ingredients into your mouth in one bite.
- 8 slices bacon
- 10 slices turkey
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 to 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 slices toast
- 1 avocado (thinly sliced; you probably won't use all of the avocado)
- Toast the bread so that it is still slightly soft, but also a nice light brown. Place it on a cooling rack if you can, so that it doesn't get soggy while you prepare the sandwich!
- Bake the bacon in a four hundred degree oven for about 10 minutes, or brown in a pan, or use precooked bacon!
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and the garlic powder in a small bowl to make the aioli.
- Place one slice of toast on a cutting board. Place two slices of turkey onto the bread, top with a small handful of fresh spinach, and slice of tomato, and 2 slices of bacon. Layer another slice of toast on top. Place three more slices of turkey, 4 slices of fresh avocado, and two more pieces of bacon. Spread some of the aioli onto the last slice of toast. Place the toast (aioli side down) on top of the sandwich. Cut into four triangles, secure each piece with a toothpick and serve! Repeat with remaining ingredients for the second sandwich!