There's nothing like a warm buttery croissant on a chilly Fall morning... especially one that's loaded with flavorful roasted turkey, crisp smokey bacon, yolk-tastic sunny side up egg, and delicious blueberry covered goat cheese crumbles.
The blueberry coated goat cheese may seem like a weird addition to this breakfast sandwich, but it's sweet yet tart flavor is perfect against the richness of the meat and the croissant early in the morning.
Not into the blueberry coated goat cheese? Don't worry, there's some more breakfast-friendly options that would also be delicious on this sandwich. Try pairing a little bit of applewood smoked cheddar with apple butter or a couple slices of buttery muenster cheese with raspberry jam.
- 1 croissant
- 1/3 lb turkey breast (warm roasted, thanksgiving leftovers are best!)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and kept warm
- 2 oz blueberry rolled goat cheese (or any other goat cheese with fruit around it)
- 1 egg (organic)
- 1 teaspoon of salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice the croissant in half and throw it in.
- Meanwhile, take a small non-stick frying pan and melt the pat of salted butter. Add the egg and cook, sunny side up, over medium-low heat until the white is cooked through and the yolk is still runny. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt, remove from heat and set aside.
- Take the croissant out of the oven and crumble half of the blueberry goat cheese onto the bottom half. Add the turkey slices, the bacon, the sunny side up fried egg, and the rest of the blueberry goat cheese. Top with the remaining half of the croissant and serve immediately.