These turkey cutlets are flavored with lemon juice and capers. It's a piccata style turkey dish, perfect for a light and tasty meal. Add some dry white wine to the sauce mixture of use extra chicken broth.
Feel free to omit the capers; add a few tablespoons of green onions or add some sliced fresh mushrooms to the skillet along with the turkey.
This makes a tasty and surprisingly easy dish. It's wonderful with diced roasted potatoes or hot cooked rice. If you're trying to keep carbs to a minimum serve the turkey with roasted cauliflower or summer squash "pasta" and a steamed vegetable or tossed salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup chicken stock (unsalted or low sodium)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or more chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained and chopped roughly)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Put turkey cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the flour in a wide, shallow bowl or plate. Dredge the turkey cutlets in the flour, then saute 2 to 3 cutlets for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Remove browned cutlets to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and wine to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of flour with the remaining 1 tablespoon of soft butter; stir until the mixture is smooth. Whisk the butter and flour mixture into the broth and lemon juice mixture and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the capers and parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey cutlets and serve immediately.
- Replace the turkey cutlets with chicken breast cutlets, thinly sliced chicken breasts, or chicken tenders.
- Saute about 4 to 6 ounces of sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter before you add the turkey to the skillet.
You Might Also Like