Grapes, water chestnuts, and toasted almonds get together with turkey and a flavorful seasoned mayonnaise mixture to make this extraordinary turkey salad. Garnish the salad with pineapple chunks or serve it on pineapple rings.
If you're looking for something a little different in a turkey salad, this is an excellent recipe to try!
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 cup seedless green grapes (halved)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds (toasted and divided)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Optional: 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple rings (drained)
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced turkey, water chestnuts, grape halves, celery, and half of the toasted almonds.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, and the soy sauce. Stir until well blended.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the turkey mixture and mix thoroughly. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Substitute red seedless grape for the green grapes.
- Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped red onion to the mixture.
- Use toasted pecans instead of toasted almonds.
- Add halved grape tomatoes to the salad.