Twice baked potatoes are a tasty alternative to mashed or plain baked potatoes. You can prepare these a day in advance.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Scrub potatoes; pat dry.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Pierce top of potatoes with a fork. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until potatoes is tender. Remove a thin slice from the top of each potato and scoop out most of the potato into a bowl, leaving shells intact.
- In a bowl, combine the potato with the sour cream, 3 tablespoons milk, and the butter; beat until well blended. Add more milk or half-and-half if needed. Beat in salt and pepper then spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Cover and refrigerate until the next day or bake at 375° for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- If the potatoes have been refrigerated, bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and lightly browned.
You Might Also Like: