- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3/4 pound ground breast
- 3 cups low-sodium jarred marinara sauce
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen , completely defrosted and squeezed of all excess liquid
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 , cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Heat olive oil in a large high-sided skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Add marinara, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
Combine ricotta cheese, spinach, parsley, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Coat the bottom of a 14- x 11-inch lasagna pan with 1/2 cup sauce. Arrange three lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 3/4 cup sauce evenly over noodles. Spoon 2/3 cup ricotta-spinach mixture evenly on top of sauce. Repeat layers two more times.
Cover top with three noodles and remaining 3/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Cut into 9 squares and serve.
Nutrition per serving 1 (4- by 3-inch) piece: Calories 346; Fat 11.3g (sat 4.3g, mono 3.7g, poly 1.5g); Cholesterol 44mg; Protein 23g; Carbohydrate 38g; Sugars 5g; Fiber 4g; RS 1g; Sodium 321mg
Recipe Source: by Ellen Kunes and Frances Largeman-Roth (Oxmoor House)
Reprinted with express written permission.
Suggested Related Recipes
• White Chicken Asparagus Lasagna Recipe
• Polenta Lasagna Recipe
• Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
• Chicken Lasagna Recipe
• Sausage, Ricotta and Mozzarella Lasagne Recipe
• Low-fat, Extremely Tasty Chicken Lasagna Recipe
• Mexican Lasagna Recipe