The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Uniflame 4-Burner Red Sedona Model# GBC1349WRS.
You'd think that at about $165USD this would be a pretty good grill for the money. You'd be wrong. This grill doesn't cut back in a few areas; it cuts back in all of them. The cooking grates are hardly strong enough to hold up a lot of food. The lightweight burners promise to make the entire grill useless at the first sign of trouble.
This simply isn't a grill worth buying, even at this price. It would have made more sense to take out the side burner in favor of a better burner.
- Low powered side burner
- Thin, lightweight components
- Ultra-thin cooking grate
- Large amounts of plastic
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 475 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 680 square inches
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Thin porcelain coated steel cooking grate
- Porcelain painted steel lid and body
- Single electronic (AA-battery) igniter
- Plastic handles and knobs
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Imported exclusively for Wal-Mart from China by Blue Rhino Global Sourcing LLC.
Guide Review - Uniflame 3-Burner 36,000 BTU Model# GBC1030WRS
When Uniflame (a division of Blue Rhino, the propane exchange people) bought out this line they made some decent low-cost grills.
Obviously this unit, made exclusively for Wal-Mart, is just in it to make a fast buck. This flimsy unit can hardly be called a grill. Of course, it is also at the bottom of the price range and it's hard to find a grill that costs less. At around $165USD I still can't recommend it though.
This 3-burner gas grill uses lightweight materials.
The cooking grate is simply folded sheet metal with a bad porcelain paint job. It's hardly strong enough to hold up a large pile of food. In fact, I bent one in the store testing it out. The lid is lightweight aluminum that will not hold heat and is poorly attached to the body. There is also a large amount of plastic used to make this grill.
I know that the temptation to buy this grill will be strong and many people will pick it up as an impulse believing it's a great deal. It isn't. Why spend more than $200 (tax and propane tank required) for a grill you will have trouble getting a year worth use out of? Invest a little more or look elsewhere.