The Historic National Road Yard Sale Days are frequently referred to by several other names: the US 40 Yard Sale, Route 40 Yard Sale, and Route 40 Flea Market. No matter what you call it, the event features more than 800 miles of yard sales, vintage treasures, and antique booths.
The Historic National Road Yard Sale route spans from Baltimore to St. Louis.The event always takes place on an extended weekend that starts the Wednesday following Memorial Day.
- Baltimore, Maryland to St. Louis, Missouri
- Historic US Route 40
- More than 800 miles of yard sales, antique tents, and vintage booths
Dates and Times:
- One five-day event per year in late May or early June
- Starts the Wednesday after Memorial Day
- Wednesday through Sunday
- Dawn to Dusk
- 2016 Dates: June 1 through June 5
Historic National Road Yard Sale Days Shopping Tips:
- Stop at the visitors' bureaus along the route for information on lodging, food, and local attractions.
- Watch for group sales and antique vendors in parking lots, empty fields, and downtown areas of participating towns.
- When you see yard sale signs pointing you off of the main route, go ahead and take the detours. The less trafficked sales frequently yield some of the best finds.
- It's fine to negotiate politely, but make sure you don't do any of these haggling don'ts -- not if you actually want to get the discount.
- Bush up on your highway yard sale shopping tips before you leave home -- and make sure you pack the essentials in your car. Then, practice using these proven haggling phrases along the way.
- New for 2016, visit the first annual Treasures on the Trail on Saturday, June 4. The event is an outdoor vintage market and area-wide yard sale in Pocahontas, Illinois (35 minutes east of St. Louis). For more information, email email@example.com. You can also call (618) 541-8711 or (618) 779-7966.
For More Information:
- Historic National Road Yard Sale Days on Facebook
- Historic National Road Yard Sale / US 40 Yard Sale
- (765) 478-4809 or (765) 987-7565