Ancient Chinese people placed a big emphasis on educating the younger generations, thus there are many feng shui cures for encouraging and promoting lifelong learning in children.
According to the bagua, or feng shui energy map, the West area of your space is the one "responsible" for the beneficial (or not) feng shui energy connected to your children's well-being. When treated properly, this feng shui bagua area can create an auspicious quality of energy that will encourage your child's love for learning.
Basic Feng Shui Tips
1. Use the energy of the Metal feng shui element in your decorating. To strengthen this feng shui area, use the Metal feng shui element (colors white and gray) or Earth feng shui element (light yellow and sandy colors.) For example, you can go for a carpet with predominant earthy colors and white or cream color furnishings.
2. Avoid strong fiery energy in the decor of this area. The feng shui element of the West bagua area is Metal, so avoid the Fire feng shui element energy (in colors, shapes, images of fire), because in the cycle of five feng shui elements the Fire feng shui element melts the Metal feng shui element. On a practical level, avoid having red color on the wall, artwork with fiery energy or a big red sofa or a red or purple area carpet in the West feng shui area of your home.
3. Display your children's artwork. As the West feng shui area is connected to your children's well-being, it is recommended to have your children's artwork, as well as happy photos of your children in this area. You can display them in either white color or metal frames. The combination of these items will create a beneficial quality of feng shui energy in this bagua area called Children & Creativity.
4. Know how to use the energy of books. Display books in a visible and easily accessible (for the child) area. Ideally, a shelf full of books will be the first view your child sees when he or she enters the room. The books have to be placed on a child-appropriate height, as well as have a nice reading area close by with good lighting and comfortable seating.
5. Use the map of the world to expand your child's horizons. Display the map of the world, or a free-standing globe in either the North, Northeast or West feng shui areas of your child's room. This will encourage the feng shui energy of expanded thinking and a quest for a bigger vision of one's life. You can also encourage your child to create his or her own vision board, which is excellent feng shui.
First and foremost, though, be sure your child has a healthy room and is sleeping well. Growing up requires a lot of energy; provide them with the best possible energy to support a harmonious and happy growth.