Making homemade ice cream for your family can be lots of fun during the hot summer months. For those of you who have lost your instruction manual, here are instructions on how to use your Rival Ice Cream Maker.
Time Required: 3 Hours
- After preparing and refrigerating your ice cream recipe, pour chilled ice cream into cooled ice cream can.
- Fill ice cream can 3/4 full; mixture will expand.
- Insert the dasher making sure it is positioned correctly into the can indentation.
- Place cover on ice cream can.
- Place filled can in bucket.
- Place the motor driver over the ice cream can cover.
- Plug in the maker.
- While it's running, add 2 inches of ice on the bottom of the bucket.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup salt over ice.
- Continue layering ice and salt until the ice level reaches the top of the rotating ice cream can.
- In about 20 to 40 minutes, the ice cream maker should stop churning.
- Carefully clean lid, remove, and pack down ice cream in the can.
- Place ice cream can in freezer for several hours to harden.
- Add more ice and salt as needed while the maker is churning.
- Ice cream will be very soft at the end of the churning process.
- If desired, place more ice around the can in the bucket instead of putting into the freezer.
What You Need:
- Rival Ice Cream Maker
- Crushed Ice
- Rock Salt