On this day devoted to love and romance, are you ready for a little Valentine's Day trivia?
Did you know that St. Valentine's Day began as a liturgical celebration of one or more early Christian saints named Valentinus?
Several martyrdom stories were invented for the various Valentines. Supposedly, Saint Valentine of Rome was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry.
According to legend, during his imprisonment, he healed the daughter of his jailer.
Take the quiz to learn more about this day that was first associated with romantic love in the Middle Ages and when the tradition of courtly love really flourished in 18th-century England.
By answering these fun trivia questions you'll discover fascinating things about St.Valentine's Day and even more about the old pagan rituals from which it evolved.
Take the Valentine's Day Trivia Quiz
For more puzzling Valentine's Day fun, visit our main index of Valentine's Day Puzzles for free crossword puzzles for older solvers, themed word search puzzles, and online memory games. Younger puzzlers will enjoy the themed word search and crossword games, mazes, dot-to-dots, spot the difference games, cryptograms and more at Valentine's Day puzzles for children.
This Valentine's Day, why not send a personalized Valentine message to your special someone with one of these "heartfelt" Personalized Valentine Puzzles
Want to send a personalized gift to someone special?
Here, you'll find custom-made jigsaw puzzles made from your own snapshots, Valentine messages, children's name puzzles and more!
More Trivia Quizzes
Did you enjoy this quiz? Then, try your luck at these other themed trivia games.
- Ireland Trivia Quiz - Irish culture has had a significant influence on other cultures, especially in the fields of literature. Alongside mainstream Western culture, a strong indigenous culture exists, as expressed through Gaelic games, Irish music and the Irish language.
- Easter Trivia Quiz - Easter is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, described in the New Testament as having occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion.
- Independence Day Trivia Quiz - Independence Day, also referred to as Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence declaring the thirteen American colonies a new nation.
- Columbus Day Trivia Quiz - Columbus Day is a national holiday in many countries in the Americas and elsewhere which officially celebrates Christopher Columbus' discovery of America.
- Halloween Trivia Quiz - Halloween is also known as All Hallows' Eve or All Saints' Eve and is a celebration observed in a number of countries on the eve of the Christian feast of All Hallows' Day.
- Thanksgiving Trivia Quiz - Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and the preceding year.
- Christmas Trivia Quiz - Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus observed as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.
- New Year Trivia Quiz - In many countries, New Year's Eve is celebrated at evening gatherings where people dance, eat, drink and set off fireworks to mark the new year.
- Martin Luther King Quiz - Martin Luther King was an American Baptist minister, activist, humanitarian, and is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights using nonviolent civil disobedience.