This vegetarian and vegan cashew fried rice recipe uses tofu instead of eggs for a traditional Chinese food fried rice dish - but completely vegan. The tofu has a very similar appearance and texture, so you won't miss the eggs at all, and the cashews add even more texture and protein. Who needs eggs? This egg-free and vegan fried rice recipe with cashews will taste just as good as the vegetable fried rice recipes you can order at Chinese restaurants!
If you like making fried rice, have you tried making quinoa fried rice?
- Mix the tofu, turmeric, onion powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat one tablespoon of the oil. Add the tofu mixture and cook, stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Remove the tofu from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar and green onions in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar and set aside.
- Place a dry wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. When the wok begins to smoke, add the remaining oil, then the onions and rice.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Pour the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry until rice is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews and the tofu and serve hot.
Reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Chinese Recipes:
- Chinese Style Spaghetti
- Sweet and Sour Tofu with Vegetables
- Chinese Style Spring Rolls
- Low-Fat Chinese Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Sweet Cabbage Stir Fry
- Chinese Style Stir-Fry with Seitan and Hoisin Sauce
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Asian Green Beans
- Sweet and Sour Tempeh Recipe
- Vegetarian Gingered Lo Mein
- Vegetarian Potstickers
- Easy Sweet and Sour Sauce