This recipe is simple and sweet, both elegant and down-to-earth. Perfect for dairy-free cakes and cupcakes, both vanilla and chocolate, this frosting always seems like a good idea.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 sticks (1 cup) dairy-free soy margarine, cold
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut (or, alternatively, full-fat unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl using an electric hand-mixer, cream the dairy-free soy margarine until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, blending until combined.
- Add the cream of coconut (or coconut milk), vanilla extract, and coconut flakes and blend until creamy.
Use to frost dairy-free cakes and cupcakes, garnishing with additional flaked coconut if desired.