A vegan fettucine alfredo suace recipe using Tofutti vegan cream cheese and vegan sour cream for a creamy cheese-like vegan alfredo sauce. My own personal love of fettucine alfredo didn't dissipate when I went vegan, but it did, fortunately evolve, and I actually much prefer the more wholesome taste of vegan aldredo recipes such as this one, as opposed to the somewhat odorous and heavier dairy alfredos made from heavy cream.
If you're looking for a non-dairy alfredo sauce recipe for vegan fettuccine alfredo, try this one. It's particularly rich and creamy when compared to other vegan alfredo replicas, since it's made with both store-bought non-dairy sour cream, vegan cream cheese and some silken tofu to carry the base as well.
This vegan fettucine alfredo recipe is courtesy of Tofutti. You might also want to try this vegan fettuccine alfredo made from cashews. Scroll down for a few more healthy vegetarian and vegan pasta recipes to try, including more non-dairy vegan alfredo sauce ideas.
- 1 package silken (soft) tofu
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Tofutti Sour Supreme vegan sour cream
- 2 tbsp Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan cheese substitute
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (sea salt or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper is best)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- In a large blender or food processor, combine the silken tofu, vegan margarine, vegan sour cream, vegan cream cheese, Parnesan cheese substitute and garlic powder.
Blend until smooth and creamy, then slowly add soy milk a bit at a time, blending as you go, until you reach a creamy, alfredo-like consistency.
Transfer the sauce mixture to a medium-sized sauce pan and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat the mixture gently over a low-medium heat until hot (about 6 to 8 minutes), stirring occasionally and being careful that the mixture never comes to a boil. Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste. A little extra vegan margarine or vegan Parmesan cheese or salt (sea salt or kosher salt is always best) might be needed at this stage.
Serve your vegan alfredo sauce over prepared fettuccine pasta.
Like making simple and healthy vegetarian and vegan pasta dishes? Here's a few more you may want to try:
- 15 Easy Vegetarian Pasta Dishes to Try
- One Dish Meals: Vegetarian Pasta Bakes
- Whole wheat pasta salad with avocado and fresh basil
- Italian Pasta Puttanesca for vegans