Rich, creamy vegan peanut butter frosting is an indulgence that goes well with just about any vegan cake recipe or any vegan cupcakes, or, make the perfect Elvis-themed vegan cupcakes by pairing this peanut butter frosting with a vegan banana cake, or just use it to top a homemade vegan banana bread.
Making peanut butter frosting is just as simple as a plain vanilla or a chocolate frosting, and it's something a little bit unexpected and different. Peanut butter frosting particularly lends itself well to a vegan version, since the peanut butter brings its own flavor, and you rely a little less on the usual vegan frosting ingredients such as vegan margarine, sugar, and non-dairy milk.
Whether you call it "frosting" or "icing", this one will have you saying "yum!". If you like peanut butter frosting, you might also want to try this sugar-free peanut butter frosting recipe. And, be sure to check out this complete list of vegan cake ideas to try as well, in order to get inspired to try something new. Vegans LOVE cakes, am I right?
Enjoy your vegan peanut butter frosting!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (at room temperature is best)
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- First, whisk together or blend together using a mixer all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy, adding more or less soy milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Careful, though, as you don't want to add extra soy milk too soon, and add just a 1/2 teaspoon or so at a time, otherwise you run the risk of your frosting getting too thin and runny.
- Also, you might want to stick the peanut butter in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds or so, in order to make it easier to work with.
Homemade peanut butter frosting is perfect for a vegan cake or cupcakes for the kids.