The secret to the perfect vegan pumpkin pie is to use plenty of spices for maximum flavor. This recipe uses cloves, ginger, allspice and nutmeg for an aromatic healthy Halloween dessert or for a vegetarian Thanksgiving feast. Using tofu instead of eggs for a vegan pumpkin pie also means that this recipe is much lower in fat than other pumpkin pies, and is also cholesterol free.
- 2 10.5 ounce packages silken (soft) tofu
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 16 ounces can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients, except for the pie crust, until smooth.
- Pour into pre-made pie crust. Bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Chill before serving, if desired.
Enjoy your vegan pumpkin pie!
Like making homemade pies? Here are more dairy-free and vegan pies to try:
- Vegan pie image gallery
- Five-star vegan key lime pie recipe