Looking for a vegan ricotta cheese filling for a vegan manicotti recipe? Try this super yummy vegan manicotti with a tofu "cheese" filling. Don't tell them the filling in this manicotti recipe isn't ricotta and chances are they'll never even suspect that it's tofu! This manicotti recipe is both vegetarian and vegan.
See also: Vegan ricotta cheese substitute recipe
- 1 pound manicotti
- 2 pounds firm or soft tofu, patted dry and mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach (optional)
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Prepare the manicotti according to package directions. Gently drain and rinse the noodles.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mashed tofu, garlic, soy milk, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, parsley and spinach.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce. Gently spoon the tofu mixture into each manicotti until they are all full. Place the filled manicotti noodles in one layer on top of the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed noodles. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the sauce bubbles.
Reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Italian Recipes:
Vegan Tofu Manicotti
Three Bean Pasta with Creamy Spinach Sauce
Angel Hair Pasta Primavera
Low Fat Vegan Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
Italian Three Bean Salad