Looking for the perfect dish for a vegetarian Hanukkah? Brisket is out, latkes are in, but if you're vegan, you'll need to watch out for eggs.
Here's a collection of recipes for a healthy vegetarian or vegan hanukkah celebration, including vegetarian kugel recipes, vegan Chanukah donuts, vegan latkes and more recipes for your vegetarian Hanukkah table.
Vegetarian and Vegan Hanukkah Recipes:
Vegetarian Hannukah Latkes:
- 6 Easy Vegan Latke Recipes for Hanukkah You can never have too many latke recipes for Hannukah! Here's 6 ways to make potato pancakes without eggs or dairy - all completely vegan.
- Easy Vegan Latkes This vegan latke recipe uses an egg replacer to make traditional potato pancakes for Hannukah.
- Vegan Latkes with Fresh Herbs Vegan latkes are needed for a complete vegan Hannukah meal! Try this version made with lots of fresh herbs.
- Cottage Cheese Latkes An easy vegetarian latke recipe made with matzo and cottage cheese.
- Vegetarian Vegetable Latkes Another fun potato latke recipe for Hannukah, this one made with carrots and zucchini.
- Walnut and Potato Pancakes A simple variation on traditional Hanukkah latkes.
- Cauliflower Latkes Made with just a few simple ingredients including cauliflower, matzo and eggs.
Vegetarian Kugels for Hannukah:
- Vegetarian Spinach and Noodle Kugel With a few simple ingredients including fresh spinach, make a spinach noodle kugel for your Hanukkah meal.
- Vegetarian Carrot and Potato Kugel Recipe An easy and nutritious vegetarian kugel recipe with carrots, perfect for a healthier Hannukah celebration.
- Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Kugel This vegetarian and vegan kugel recipe is cholesterol-free and lower in fat than a traditional kugel with eggs. This recipe is suitable for a vegetarian Passover or for a vegetarian Hanukkah.
- More vegetarian kugel recipes Traditional kugels have eggs to bind the ingredients, but vegans can use an egg substitute to make a vegan kugel perfect for your Hannukah table.
- Potato and Vegetable Kugel Recipe A hearty vegetarian kugel recipe with poatotes, yellow squash, onions, and carrots.
- Vegetarian Vegetable Kugel A healthier vegetarian kugel recipe made with carrots and zucchini. Perfect for the kids on Hanukkah.
- Sugared Noodle Kugel for Kids A sweet vegetarian apple and egg noodle kugel recipe that the kids will love to eat on Chanukah.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Hannukah Recipes:
- Vegan Egg-Free Matzo Ball Soup If you're looking for a vegan and egg-free matzoh ball soup recipe, here's one to try. Although this is more of a Passover recipe, there's no reason you can't enjoy it for Hanukkah, too!
- Vegan Hanukkah Donuts Egg-free and dairy-free Hanukkah donuts.
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe No added sugar is needed, since this homemade applesauce recipe is naturally sweet. A healthy accompaniment to your vegetarian or vegan Hannukah latkes!
- Kosher Beet Casserole Beet casserole with a bit of sugar and just a touch of spices, so the natural flavors really shine through. Beet casserole is the perfect colorful side dish for your vegetarian or vegan Hannukah menu.
- Dairy Dishes for Hannukah A collection of vegetarian dairy dishes for Hanukkah. One or two of the dozens of recipes linked here call for tuna, so skip over those and enjoy the rest!
- Cheesey Hannukah Pretzels Baked soft pretzels covered in coarse salt would make a great Hannukah snack.
- Hanukkah Cookies Parve Hannukah cookies that the kids can help make.
- Spinach and Parmesan Dairy Appetizer A dairy appetizer recipe for Hanukkah made from healthy spinach. Make them in advance, as they freeze well.
- Chanukah Donuts with Raspberry Jam A yeast-free recipe for Chanukah doughnuts dusted with sugar and cinnamon.
- Greek Hannukah donuts Light, tasty and a tradition in the Greek community, these little puffed dough balls are drizzled with honey.
- Hannukah Cheese Ball Appetizer Cheese balls are a low-carb and low-fat appetizer suitable for a vegetarian Chanukah menu