A complete list of tofu recipes, all vegetarian, mostly vegan, and all a great way to increase the soy protein in your diet. Tofu is a great option for anyone looking for a low-fat way to get a protein boost. There's no limit to what you can do with tofu - from tofu stir-fries to smoothies and everything in between.
If you've come to this page, chances are you already know and love tofu, but just in case you don't already know, don't forget to press your tofu for most recipes,... and, if you're hesitant about cooking with tofu, here's everything you need to know about tofu.
01 of 10
02 of 10
03 of 10
04 of 10
Round out a light meal of soup or salad with the addition of some vegetarian soy protein - tofu! Here's some easy vegetarian and vegan recipes for soups and salads all using tofu:
Continue to 5 of 10 below.
- Vegetarian Tofu Chili (pictured)
- Tofu Egg Salad Recipe
- Easy Thai Coconut Soup with Tofu
- Spicy Asian Salad
- Greek Salad
- Thai Chickpea and Coconut Soup with Tofu Recipe
- Chinese Hot and Sour Soup with Tofu and Peanuts
- Vegan Matzo Ball Soup
- Vegetarian Minestrone with Tofu
- Quick and Easy Garlic Miso Soup with Tofu
- Basic Japanese... Miso Soup with Tofu Recipe
- Curried Walnut and Tofu Salad
- Vegetable Miso Soup with Silken Tofu
- BBQ Tofu Salad
- Tofu "Egg" Salad
- Vegetarian Thai Coconut Soup with Tofu and Veggies
05 of 10
06 of 10
07 of 10
When making desserts using tofu, most recipes will call for silken tofu, rather than firm or extra-firm tofu. This makes a big difference, so be sure you've got the right kind! Though it may seem a bit odd to make creamy desserts out of soy bean curd, the tofu usually just acts as a carrier for all the other amazing flavors, in place of dairy, or heavy cream.
Pictured: Peanut butter tofu pie
08 of 10
Silken (sometimes called "soft") tofu is great to keep on hand, since you can buy the shelf-stable containers which keep foor a long time. If you keep two or three boxes of silken tofu in your cupboard, you'll always be halfway to a vegan dessert, a creamy vegan sauce, a protein shake or a baked breakfast casserole. Browse through this silken tofu recipe collection for dozens of ways to use silken tofu to add a bit of soy protein to your meals.
Pictured: Easy vegan chocolate rum pieContinue to 9 of 10 below.
09 of 10
Miscellaneous tofu recipes
What an amazing food! Tofu can be transformed like magic into a variety of dairy substitutes, sauces, dips and more. Check out these recipes to find out how.
- Vegan Tofu Sour Cream
- Vegan Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Vegan mango lassi with tofu
- Tofu gnocchi
- Tofu ricotta cheese substitutes
- Tofu vegan "paneer" (pictured)
- Sun-dried tomato and tofu dip
- Pina Colada Tofu Smoothie
- Lynn's tofu ranch dressing recipe
- Low-carb Tofu "Chips"
- Vegan tofu whipped cream substitute
- Fat-free tofu frosting recipe
10 of 10
If you're new to cooking with tofu, I highly recommend that you check out some of these helpful tofu resources to learn the tricks of the trade. Learn how to press tofu, when you might want to freeze it, the different types of tofu and just how healthy it is!