Vegetarian barbecue chicken wing pizza recipe made with Gardein bbq chicken wings, mozzarella cheese and red bell peppers. This is a particularly hearty pizza recipe that will satisfy your cravings for meat. Soon, instead of meat, you'll be craving this vegetarian barbecue "chicken" wing pizza! Use vegan cheese to keep this pizza recipe vegan.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Gardein.
- 1 package gardein-brand bbq "chicken" wings and sauce
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or vegan substitute
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime wedge
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Thaw gardein vegetarian chicken wings and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
Spead barbecue sauce on pizza crust and top with red onion, red pepper, mozzarella cheese and sliced barbecue chicken wings.
Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is golden brown and crispy.
Garnish with fresh ground black pepper, fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedge.
Enjoy your vegetarian barbecue chicken wing pizza!
See also: More vegetarian pizza recipes to try