This is a super-easy vegetarian crock pot recipe - just put all the ingredients for this easy lentil and vegetable soup in your slow cooker in the morning and forget about it until the end of the day. Lentil soup is hearty enough for a main dish, but you could always add extra veggies to make it even more filling.
Personally, I'm learning to love lentils these days. They are super cheap, quicker to cook than beans, and full of healthy fiber and protein, which makes them great for anyone on a budget, vegetarians, vegans, and anyone just looking to fill their tummy without too much cash or calories. And who isn't, these days?
All of the ingredients in this recipe are vegetarian and vegan, and, if you need this crockpot recipe to be gluten-free as well, just be sure to use a gluten-free or homemade vegetable broth so you know what's in it. This lentil soup is compatible with the slow carb diet.
- 2 cups lentils
- 4 cups water for soaking lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
1. Pre-soak the lentils in water for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Drain, discarding soak water.
2. Stir together lentils with all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on medium heat in the crockpot for 8 to 10 hours. Enjoy your crockpot lentil soup!
More Easy-to-Make Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes:
- Vegetarian Crock Pot Chili
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Split Pea Soup in the Crock Pot
- Very Veggie Crock Pot Chili