A quick and easy vegetarian and vegan enchilada recipe using portabella mushrooms using taco seasoning and canned enchilada sauce so you can get these vegetarian enchiladas in the oven in just a few minutes. Vegetarian, vegan and completely dairy-free and delicious!
Scroll down for more vegetarian enchilada recipes to try.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4-5 large portobella mushrooms (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3/4 cup vegetarian mock meat crumbles (or 1 cup TVP, rehydrated)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup black olives (sliced)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Sautee garlic, mushrooms and onion in olive oil for 4 to 6 minutes, until onions are soft and mushrooms are cooked. Add mock meat or TVP and taco seasoning packet and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add olives and remove from heat.
- On stovetop or microwave, heat tortillas for a few seconds, just until soft and pliable.
- In a large baking pan or casserole dish, place a thin layer of enchilada sauce, about 2 tablespoons.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the mushroom and mock meat mixture in the center of a tortilla. Drizzle with about a tablespoon of enchilada sauce. Wrap and place in the casserole or baking dish. Continue until filling is gone.
- Pour extra enchilada sauce over top of wrapped enchiladas. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
Like these healthy vegetarian enchiladas? Here are more fantastic meatless Mexican recipes you'll enjoy: