Vegetarian "sausage" tops off this meaty Mediterranean-inspired vegan pizza recipe with pesto, vegan mozzarella cheese and artichokes. Sure, you could make just a plain vegan pizza, but this pesto and sausage pizza recipe is a gourmet masterpiece!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Lightlife Foods.
- 1 package (12 oz) vegetarian sausages (Try Italian-style Smart Sausages)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pre-baked thin pizza crust (11-inches)
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup non-dairy vegan mozzarella cheese substitute, grated
- 1/4 cup prepared vegan pesto
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add vegetarian sausages; cook 6-8 minutes or until browned. Cut into 1/2-inch rounds.
Place pizza crust on baking sheet and spread with tomato sauce, leaving a 1-inch border. Scatter sausage and artichokes on top, then sprinkle with non-dairy cheese.
Bake pizza for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Remove from oven, dot with pesto; bake 2 minutes more.
Makes 8 slices of vegetarian "sausage" pizza.