Make a quick and easy vegetarian stroganoff with mushrooms by using a packaged onion soup mix to get a creamy and flavorful base. You really don't need much to make this simple stroganoff recipe, just a packaged onion soup mix, mushrooms and a little red wine to bring it all together.
Vegetarian stroganoff can be served over egg noodles, rice or baked potatoes. Be sure to use a vegan onion soup mix for a stroganoff that is both vegetarian and vegan. Quick and Easy Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe courtesy of Fantastic Foods.
- 1 package Onion Mushroom Soup and Dip Recipe mix
- 2 pounds mushrooms
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil (or amount needed for sauteeing)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Parsley to taste (fresh or dried)
- Sautee mushrooms and garlic gently in oil,
- Meanwhile, prepare the Onion Mushroom Soup mix with 1/2 the amount of liquid needed.
- Pour soup mix and wine over mushrooms. Heat through, then top with parsley to taste.
- Serve your vegetarian stroganoff over rice or pasta.