The Bottom Line
The Vermont Castings line of Gas Grills have been discontinued. For a comparable grill, see my list of the Best Gas Grills between $1,000 and $2,000USD.
This is a heavy grill with heavy cast iron and stainless steel body parts. The 54,000 BTU output from four stainless steel burners is more than enough to heat the nearly 524 square inches of primary grilling area. Recently construction of the Vermont Castings grills has been moved from China to the United States.
The materials used are excellent and the construction is definitely superior to the mass market grills. Look to spend around $1800USD for this gas grill. The side burner can be either a standard gas burner or infrared sear burner.
- Solid construction of cast iron and 304 stainless steel
- High and even heat output
- Full function gas grill with side burner and rotisserie system
- Lighted control panel and attached grill light
- Heavy lid
- Four 13,500 BTU 304 Stainless Steel tubular burners
- 524 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 753 square inches
- 54,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit and motor storage
- 15,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover (can be swapped with a 15,000 BTU infrared searing side burner)
- Mixed enameled-coated cast iron and heavy gauge 304 stainless steel body
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Includes side mounted LED grilling light, lighted control panel, and internal smoker box
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by MHSC for their Vermont Castings Grill Line
Guide Review - Vermont Castings 4-Burner VCS424
Since acquiring Vermont Castings, MHSC has been working to rebuild the brand, damaged by years of poor management and declining quality. In the past four years, the grill line has seen a re-engineering and now a transfer of manufacturing from China to the United States. The changes to the design have dramatically improved quality and construction design. This is a good quality grill that is built to last.
The Vermont Castings 4-Burner Gas Grill is the midsized unit of the grill line. You get a 4-burner gas grill with a full rotisserie system including 15,000 BTU infrared rear-mounted rotisserie burner and a 15,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover. There is an optional 15,000 BTU infrared searing side burner that can be swapped out with the standard side burner.
The construction of this gas grill is heavy (and I mean heavy) porcelain coated cast iron and 304 stainless steel. The construction is good quality and the materials are very good considering the price range (look to spend around $1,800USD for this gas grill). Look for this grill to last many years and provide very good grilling. If you are looking for a basic grill and want something more durable that the mass market products out there, this is one grill to consider.