The Bottom Line
This is one of those grills that sits in the back of the showroom floor. It is not flashy or attractive and the design is primitive. However, for the price the internal components are very good. The stainless steel burners are heavy gauge and durable. The heavy cast iron construction holds and distributes heat giving this grill very good heat qualities. Of all the grills available through Home Depot this is the best for the price and certainly a grill you should look at.
- Heavy Stainless Steel burners
- Solid grill head construction
- Even Heating
- Unattractive design
- Exclusive availability through Home Depot
- Three heavy 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners for a total output of 36,000 BTUs
- 400 square inches of primary cooking space with a total area of 520 square inches
- Electronic igniters
- Porcelain-coated steel lid with cast iron end caps
- Stainless steel control panel and side shelves
- Natural gas unit available through special order
- Sold exclusively through Home Depot
- Solid head construction
- Cast iron, porcelain cooked heavy-duty cooking grates.
Guide Review - Vermont Castings Premium 36,000 BTU
This grill has been discontinued.
The Vermont Castings premium 36,000 BTU gas grill is made for and sold exclusively through Home Depot stores. It is the grill sitting in the back that you probably won't notice unless you are really looking for it.
This grill does not have a side burner or rotisserie burner or kit. It is a basic grill that has some very nice components. The stainless steel burners are among the best available under $500. These heavy duty burners will last a long time and provide good, even heat. The three burner design gives you good versatility grilling directly or indirectly.
The body of this grill is typical Vermont Castings with a porcelain-coated steel lid and cast iron end caps. This makes for a good solid lid that holds in heat and helps even the cooking temperatures inside the grill. The cooking grates are heavy cast iron coated in the same porcelain. Vermont Castings has some of the best porcelain coating technology of the grill industry and this coating is generally better than most other manufacturers.
While the design is primitive and unattractive this grill was built for grilling not decorating. In this price range, it's hard to get a grill that grills well, looks good and has a lot of features. This unit grills well. Taken care of this unit should last for many years and grill just as well as it did the day you bought it.