The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Vermont Castings 4-Burner VCS323SSP.
At the bottom of the Vermont Castings line of gas grills sits this basic, 3-burner model. Covered with porcelain coated steel, this grill puts aside the flash and the features for quality construction. Even at nearly $1,200USD, the VSC322ESP has heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate and a heavy, solid lid.
The heat output is high and even, giving you great, straightforward grilling. This is a classic grill with superior design and materials.
- Solid construction of cast iron and 304 stainless steel
- High and even heat output
- Lighted control panel
- Heavy lid
- Basis gas grill for nearly $1,000
- Three 13,500 BTU 304 Stainless Steel tubular burners
- 440 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 673 square inches
- 40,500 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Mixed enameled-coated cast iron, porcelain coated steel, and heavy gauge 304 stainless steel body
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Made in the United States by MHSC for their Vermont Castings Grill Line
Guide Review - Vermont Castings 3-Burner VCS332ESP
Since acquiring Vermont Castings, MHSC has been working to rebuild the brand, damaged by years of poor management and declining quality.
In the past four years this grill line has seen a re-engineering and now a transfer of manufacturing from China to the United States. The changes to the design have dramatically improved quality and construction. This is a good quality grill that is built to last.
The Vermont Castings 3-Burner Signature Gas Grill is the smallest sized and most basic unit of the grill line.
You get a simple 3-burner gas grill. An optional 15,000 BTU side burner (either standard or infrared searing burner) under a flush mounted cover can be added for extra money.
The construction of this gas grill is heavy (and I mean heavy) porcelain coated cast iron and 304 stainless steel. The construction is good quality and the materials are very good considering the price range (look to spend nearly $1,200USD for this gas grill). Look for this grill to last many years and provide very good grilling. If you are looking for a basic grill and want something more durable that the mass market products out there, this is one grill to consider.