Check back in the fall for details on Veterans Day Freebies & Discounts 2018.
Businesses love to honor veterans and military members on Veterans Day each year, and this year the list is even bigger than ever.
Veterans Day freebies for 2017 include free meals, haircuts, car washes, oil changes, a free night at a bed and breakfast, free entrance to national parks, and free admission to many museums, theme parks, and zoos.
At the bottom of the list are some Veterans Day discounts to popular stores... like Walgreens, Lowe's, and Dollar General.
01 of 28
The most popular Veterans Day freebie around the country is restaurants giving out free meals on Veterans Day to honor their service with some free food.
This list has all your favorite restaurants on it, including Applebee's, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, and thousands more.
02 of 28
Active and retired members of the military can present their valid military ID at a participating Meineke location on November 11, 2017 for a free basic oil change.
Visit the link above to see if your local Meineke is having this Veterans Day deal.
03 of 28
Veterans and active, inactive, or retired military members can stop into Great Clips for a free haircut on Veterans Day, November 11. If they don't want a haircut that day, they can get a haircut card that they can redeem before the end of the year.
Anyone else can stop in to get their haircut on November 11 and receive a free haircut card that they can give to a veteran, which is redeemable from November 12 until the rest of the year.
04 of 28
Grace for Vets is a non-profit organization who has gotten together over 1,000 independent car washes in four countries, to offer veterans and service personnel a free car wash on November 11, 2017.
Some countries might honor military members on a different day, in which case the free car wash can be had on April 25.
Since 2003, Grace for Vets helped give over 1 million veterans a free car wash. Last year alone, participants of Grace for Vets gave out over 290,000 free car washes.Continue to 5 of 28 below.
05 of 28
06 of 28
Veterans, active duty, national guard, and reserves can stay the night at participating B&B's for free around the country. Some locations offer one night and others may provide more.
It's common for the free stay to be offered the night before Veterans Day, on Friday, November 10, 2017. However, some locations are different — this is noted in the link above.
You must call the inn directly to speak to them about reserving your room. Proof of service is required to take part in this offer.
07 of 28
08 of 28
From November 10 through 12 (Friday-Sunday), between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Harley-Davidson Museum is offering free admission to all active military, veterans, and their families.
A valid ID is required for entrance, which permits an additional adult and up to four children 18 years of age or younger.
Regular admission is $20 /adult, $10 if you're 5-17 years old, and free for anyone under 5.Continue to 9 of 28 below.
09 of 28
This freebie is in honor of Veterans Day but everyone can take part in it.
Over 100 national parks will waive admission fees on November 11, 2017 in honor of Veterans Day.
10 of 28
11 of 28
In honor of Veterans Day, active military personnel, veterans, and their immediate families can get free admission to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
See the Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium Contact Us page for directions and contact information.
Veterans and their families can also get free admission to Wildlife Safari Park on Veterans Day (open between 9 AM and 4 PM).
12 of 28
Any veteran that can show proof of military service can ride for free on any GRTC route all day on Veterans Day, November 11.
Follow that link above for all the different types of proof of military service that bus operators will accept. Some include an active/reserve/retired military ID card, VA ID card, and DD214.Continue to 13 of 28 below.
13 of 28
Active, retired, and veteran military members and one guest get free admission Knott's Berry Farm from November 1 through November 18, 2017, as well as November 28 through December 16.
Six additional discounted tickets can be purchased for other guests. If you're visiting November 1-16, they are $35 each, but the price increases to $40 for a November 27 to December 15 visit.
Your Military I.D. card or DD 214 is required at a Knott's Berry Farm ticket booth in order to get this offer.
14 of 28
This year on Veterans Day, November 11, all active duty, former, and retired military personnel get free entrance to Mount Vernon from 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM.
The full address is 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121.
15 of 28
On November 10, 11, and 12, (between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM), anyone currently serving in the military or who has served in the past, get free admission to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma, WA.
Immediately members of their families can get half-off their admission.
Note: This offer is also available for their sister zoo, Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. However, be sure to check that link for specifics.
16 of 28
Tee times can be made in advance at 260-427-6735.
Electric carts are not included in this free offer, and an ID is required.Continue to 17 of 28 below.
17 of 28
Free Sunset Zoo Admission (Saturday, November 11, 2017)
Sunset Zoo in Manhattan, KS is giving everyone free admission on November 11 in honor of Veterans Day.
The hours are 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
18 of 28
You can take advantage of this offer on Saturday, November 11 only, between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Proof of military service is required, which means you can bring a military or veteran organization ID, discharge papers, or other official military identification. If you're a family member, you have to show an active duty ID.
19 of 28
20 of 28
21 of 28
In honor of Veterans Day, Newseum in Washington, DC, is offering free admission to active duty and retired military members, plus a single guest.
Free admission is valid the day before Veterans Day, Friday November 10th, and will continue through to Sunday the 12th.
Eligible visitors are those that can show a military ID, wear their uniform, or provide some other form of proof of service.
22 of 28
Created by PanCare of Florida, the Stand Up for Veterans event provides free health and dental care to veterans.
This year, this offer is valid on Friday, November 3, in Panama City. There's both dental and medical care at this location.
On Friday, November 17, the following locations are participating: Blountstown, Bonifay, Bristol, Carrabelle, Chipley, Freeport, Marianna, Port St. Joe, and Wewahitchka.
Be sure to check that link above for more information, like to see if your location is offering the medical and/or the dental care, as well as to make an appointment.
You can make an appointment with the form through that link or by calling the clinic — the numbers are available through that link too.
Also required is your DD214. However, another form of proof of service might be accepted too; just call ahead of time to ask what you need to bring.
23 of 28
This offer is valid between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM on Saturday the 11th only, and is first come, first served.
This annual event is called Dentistry For Out Vets.
24 of 28
Active and retired military personnel can get free admission to explore The Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA on Veterans Day, November 11.
Valid military ID or other proof of service is required.Continue to 25 of 28 below.
25 of 28
Veterans, active duty military members, National Guard, and reserve personnel get free admission to World of Little League Museum all year long. Plus, they can bring up to five guests.
World of Little League Museum is in South Williamsport, PA.
26 of 28
Military veterans and active duty military get into SeaWorld for free when they access the theme park website through Waves of Honor.
This offer is valid only for visitors that have proof of military service. However, you can't get admission at the gate — you have to do it through the link above, probably by logging in with a special Troop ID.
27 of 28
A voucher will be given to anyone who can't be seen on Veterans Day, which can be redeemed for a free haircut on a different day (it's valid for a year). However, you still need to pick up the voucher on Saturday the 11th.
Military ID is required and you can also have free hot dogs and root beer from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
28 of 28
Veterans Day Discounts 2017
Veterans can save at their favorite stores this Veterans Day with these discounts.
- Dollar General 11% Veterans Day Discount: Veterans, active military members, and their families will get 11% off their in-store or online purchase at Dollar General on Veterans Day.
- Target 10% Military and Veteran Discount: Vets, active military, and their families get 10% off their Target order up through November 11. Visit the above link to learn how to register for this discount.
- Lowe's 10% Military Discount: Lowe's has a 10% military discount for current, retired, and VA members. This also applies to immediate family.
- Macy's 20% Discount - Vets can get an extra 20%, 15%, or 10% off select products at Macy's when they use the promo code through that link above. This offer expires November 12, 2017.
- JCPenney 10% Discount: Take an additional 10% off your in-store JCPenney order November 8-12. It can be combined with other offers taking place that week too. A military or VA ID is required.
- Walgreens 20% Military Discount: With a Balance Rewards card and proof of service, military members and veterans get a 20% Walgreens discount in stores on November 11. Several products are excluded from this discount, which you can read about through the link above.
- Rack Room Shoes 10% Discount: Military personnel and their dependents can show a valid military ID at Rack Room Shoes any Tuesday as well as on Veterans Day, Saturday, November 11, to receive 10% off their total purchase.
- Toys"R"Us 15% Discount: Active and retired military members, reserves, and their dependents can get 15% off their entire Toys"R"Us order when this coupon is used in stores any time through November 11.
- Jo Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Past and present military members plus their dependents get 10% off their total purchase at Jo Ann's every day of the year. This is valid not only for regularly priced items but also anything on sale or clearance.
- Black Angus Steakhouse 75% Discount Meal: Veterans and active military get a $9.99 Certified Angus Beef Top Sirloin Steak with home-style mashed potatoes, broccoli, garlic bread, and a beverage. This offer is valid November 11 only, from open until 3 PM.
- Publix 10% Veterans Day Discount: Publix is offering 10% off items purchased on Veterans Day for active and retired military and their family members. Proper ID is required, which can include their military ID, veteran ID, driver's license with the veteran's designation, or a copy of their DD-214. The discount is not valid for gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, or prescriptions.
- Red Roof Inn 40% Discount - Retired and active military members can get 40% off the standard room rate when they make a purchase from November 1-22. The discount is valid for any stay that's reserved between November 1 and February 28, 2018.
- 10% Off Kingsmill Resort Rooms: Veterans and active duty military personnel who show military ID can get 10% off the regular room rates at Kingsmill Resort.
- The Mariners' Museum $5 Admission - Veterans, active, and retired military members, plus their families, can get into The Mariners' Museum in Newport News, VA, for just $5 from November 10 through November 12. Military ID is required and it does not include 3D movies.
- Hickory Tavern 50% Discount: Saturday, November 11, Hickory Tavern locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, and Tennessee are giving active duty military and veterans 50% off their meal taken from a special menu, including non-alcoholic beverages. This offer is for dine-in only.