Businesses love to honor veterans and military members on Veterans Day each year, and this year the list is even bigger than ever.
Veterans Day freebies for 2018 included free meals, haircuts, car washes, oil changes, a free night at a bed and breakfast, free entrance to national parks, and free admission to many museums, theme parks, and zoos.
01 of 26
The most popular Veterans Day freebie around the country is restaurants giving out free meals on Veterans Day to honor their service with some free food.
This list has all your favorite restaurants on it, including Applebee's, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, and thousands more.
02 of 26
This freebie is in honor of Veterans Day but everyone can take part in it.
Over 100 national parks will waive admission fees on November 11, 2018, in honor of Veterans Day.
03 of 26
Some countries might honor military members on a different day, in which case the free car wash can be had on April 25.
Since 2003, Grace for Vets helped give over 2 million veterans a free car wash. Last year alone, participants of Grace for Vets gave out over 260,000 free car washes.
04 of 26
Sports Clips is also donating $1 from every haircut service to the Help A Hero Scholarship Program.Continue to 5 of 26 below.
05 of 26
Veterans and active, inactive, or retired military members can stop into Great Clips for a free haircut on Veterans Day, November 11. If they don't want a haircut that day, they can get a haircut card that they can redeem before the end of the year.
Anyone else can stop in to get their haircut on November 11 and receive a free haircut card that they can give to a veteran, which is redeemable through December 31, 2018.
06 of 26
Military veterans and active duty military get into SeaWorld for free when they access the theme park website through Waves of Honor.
This offer is valid only for visitors that have proof of military service. However, you can't get admission at the gate — you have to do it through the link above, probably by logging in with a special Troop ID.
07 of 26
Veterans, active duty, national guard, and reserves can stay the night at participating B&B's for free around the country. Some locations offer one night and others may provide more.
It's common for the free stay to be offered the night before Veterans Day, on Saturday, November 10, 2018. However, some locations are different — this is noted in the link above.
You must call the inn directly to speak to them about reserving your room. Proof of service is required to take part in this offer.
08 of 26
This year, the Aquarium of the Pacific honors Veterans Day by giving free admission to veterans and military personnel.
This event takes place from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Veterans Day only, which this year is Sunday, November 11.
Aquarium of the Pacific is in Long Beach, CA.Continue to 9 of 26 below.
09 of 26
Tee times can be made in advance at 260-427-6735.
Electric carts are not included in this free offer, and an ID is required.
10 of 26
This year on Veterans Day, November 11, all active duty, former, and retired military personnel get free entrance to Mount Vernon from 9:00 AM through 4:00 PM.
The free tickets can be picked up when you arrive. The full address is 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121.
11 of 26
On November 11, between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Harley-Davidson Museum is offering free admission to all active military, veterans, and their families.
A valid ID is required for entrance, which permits an additional adult and any children under 18 years of age.
Regular admission is $20 /adult, $10 if you're 5-17 years old, and free for anyone under five.
12 of 26
Free admission is valid the day before Veterans Day, Saturday, November 10th, and will continue through to Monday the 12th.
Eligible visitors are those that can show a military ID, wear their uniform, or provide some other form of proof of service.Continue to 13 of 26 below.
13 of 26
Members of the Armed Forces (active duty, reserves, and veterans) get free admission all year to the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta when they show their valid Armed Forces ID card.
For Veterans Day this year, World of Coca-Cola is also offering discounted admission tickets for friends and family. Members of the Armed Forces can purchase up to four half-price tickets between November 1 and November 11.
Tickets can be purchased at the ticketing window with a valid Armed Forces ID.
14 of 26
Created by PanCare of Florida, the Stand Up for Veterans event provides free health and dental care to veterans.
This year, this offer is valid on Friday, November 9, at several locations in Florida. Be sure to check that link above for more information, like to see if your location is offering the medical and/or the dental care, as well as to learn how to make an appointment.
15 of 26
This offer is valid between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM on Saturday the 10th only, and is first come, first served.
This annual event is called Dentistry For Out Vets.
16 of 26
On November 10, 11, and 12, (between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM), anyone currently serving in the military or who have served in the past, get free admission to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma, WA.
Immediately members of their families can get half-off their admission.
This offer is also available for their sister zoo, Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. However, be sure to check that link for specifics.Continue to 17 of 26 below.
17 of 26
18 of 26
Bring your military identification card to take part in all the fun the zoo has to offer.
19 of 26
You can take advantage of this offer on Sunday, November 11 only, between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Proof of military service is required, which means you can bring a military or veteran organization ID, discharge papers, or other official military identification. If you're a family member, you have to show an active duty ID.
20 of 26
Active, retired, and veteran military members and one guest get free admission Knott's Berry Farm from November 1 through November 15, 2018, as well as from November 26 through December 21.
Six additional discounted tickets can be purchased for other guests, and spouses of military personnel can show deployment papers for complimentary admission.
Your Military I.D. card or DD 214 is required at a Knott's Berry Farm ticket booth in order to get this offer.Continue to 21 of 26 below.
21 of 26
Active and retired members of the military can present their valid military ID at a participating Meineke location on November 12, 2018 for a free basic oil change.
It's very possible that not all locations are participating, or that some are having the free oil change on November 11 or a different day, so be sure to contact your local Meineke for more information.
22 of 26
23 of 26
Hours are from 11 AM to 5 PM, military ID is required, and the free admission does not include access to 3D movies.
24 of 26
A voucher will be given to anyone who can't be seen on Veterans Day, which can be redeemed for a free haircut on a different day (it's valid for a year). However, you still need to pick up the voucher on Saturday the 11th.
Military ID is required and you can also have free hot dogs and root beer from noon through 2:00 PM.Continue to 25 of 26 below.
25 of 26
Any veteran that can show proof of military service can ride for free on any GRTC route all day on Veterans Day, November 11.
Follow that link above for all the different types of proof of military service that bus operators will accept. Some include an active/reserve/retired military ID card, VA ID card, and DD214.
26 of 26
Veterans Day Discounts 2018
Veterans can save at their favorite stores this Veterans Day with these discounts.
- Dollar General 11% Veterans Day Discount: Veterans, active military members, and their immediate family members will get 11% off their in-store or online purchases at Dollar General on Veterans Day.
- JCPenney 20% Discount: Customers get 20% off their order when they use their JCPenney credit card on Veterans Day (or, you get $10 off $25 with any payment form). Additionally, current and former military personnel and immediate family members, get an extra 10% off in stores between November 8-12; military or VA ID is required.
- Walgreens 20% Military Discount: With a Balance Rewards card and proof of service, military members and veterans get a 20% Walgreens discount in stores from November 9 through November 11. Several products are excluded from this discount, including alcohol, dairy, stamps, tobacco, gift cards, lottery tickets, and more.
- Target 10% Military and Veteran Discount: Vets, active military, and their families get 10% off their Target order (online and in-store) up through November 12. Visit the above link to learn how to register for this discount.
- Lowe's 10% Military Discount: Lowe's has a 10% military discount for current, retired, and VA members. This also applies to immediate family.
- Rack Room Shoes 10% Discount: Military personnel and their dependents can show a valid military ID at Rack Room Shoes on November 11th, 12th, and 13th to receive 10% off their total purchase.
- JOANN's Fabric and Craft Stores: Past and present military members get 15% off their total purchase at JOANN's every day of the year. This is valid not only for regularly priced items but also anything on sale or clearance. Additionally, all JOANN classes are free for active and former military members on November 12.
- 15% Off Kingsmill Resort Rooms: Veterans and active duty military personnel who show military ID can get 15% off the regular room rates at Kingsmill Resort.
- Red Roof Inn 20% Discount - Retired and active military members can get 20% off the standard room rate when they make a purchase from November 1 through December 31, 2018. The discount is valid for any stay that's reserved between November 1 and February 28, 2019. Use the coupon code through the link above to get this Veterans Day discount.
- Publix 10% Veterans Day Discount: Publix is offering 10% off items purchased on Veterans Day for active and retired military and their family members. Proper ID is required, which can include their military ID, veteran ID, driver's license with the veteran's designation, or a copy of their DD-214.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. - In honor of Military Appreciation Month, active and retired military personnel and their families get 25% off all merchandise purchases between November 1st and 20th.
- Black Angus Steakhouse 75% Discount Meal - Veterans and active military get a $9.99 Certified Angus Beef Top Sirloin Steak with home-style mashed potatoes, broccoli, garlic bread, and a beverage. This offer is valid all day long on Monday, November 12 only. Proof of military service is necessary, it's for dine-in only, tax and gratuity are not included, and it can't be combined with another offer or discount.