Like most VitaMix recipes, this one is healthy. Low in fat, high in fiber, potassium and vitamin C, this homemade tomato strawberry ice cream is sure to become one of your favorite Vita Mix recipes.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from Vita-Mix Corporation.
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, washed
- 1/4 cup milk (skim, 1 percent or 2 percent)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz. frozen unsweetened strawberries
- Place all ingredients in your Vita Mix Blender in the ordered listed.
- Secure the kid, and insert the tamper.
- Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn on the machine, and quickly increase speed to #10, then HIGH.
- Push frozen fruit into the blades with the tamper until mixture is blended and frozen.
- Four mounds should form when mixture is done in about 30-60 seconds. Do not overmix, or mixture will begin melting.
Makes 8, 1/2 cup servings.
Per serving: 60 calories, 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 149 mg potassium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 5% vitamin A, 29% vitamin C.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry Tunnel Cake
Strawberry Ice Cream
Tomato Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothies
Yogurt Dipped Strawberries
Peanutty Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Cream Cheese Dipped Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
French Toast Casserole with Strawberries
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake