This easy chocolate cake is a wacky cake because it's made without eggs. It's almost too easy to be true! Just briefly mix the ingredients with a spoon, pour the batter into the pan, and bake!
Spread a chocolate or vanilla frosting over the cake and sprinkle it with pecans, if desired, or sift powdered sugar over the cooled cake.
This is an 8-inch cake, the perfect size for most families.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt. Whisk or stir to blend thoroughly.
- Make three wells in the flour mixture.
- In one put the vanilla; in another the vinegar, and in the third the vegetable oil.
- Pour the cold water over the mixture and stir until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it springs back when touched lightly.
- Frost with chocolate frosting or your favorite icing or glaze. Or sift powdered sugar over the cake and enjoy!
Makes about 8 servings.
You Might Also Like