Spend an autumn weekend in upstate New York and the Adirondacks at the festival-like atmosphere of the Warrensburg Garage Sale, which bills itself as the World's Largest Garage Sale.
Held annually since 1979, attending the Warrensburg Garage Sale is a tradition for locals and visitors alike. In addition to garage sale bargains, you can browse crafts, antiques, vintage clothing, and discounted new merchandise -- and that doesn't even include all the food stands.
- Upstate New York
- Citywide garage sales in Warrensburg and Lake George
- The route begins south of St. George, and then follow Route 9 into the Adirondacks north of Warrensburg
Dates and Times
- Held annually each fall, typically in September or October
- Saturday and Sunday
- 2016 Dates (confirmed): October 1 - 2
Along the Way
- Warrensburg lodging
- Towns and attractions
- In addition to lots and lots of yard sales, enjoy food stands, craft booths, and community events along the route.
Warrensburg Garage Sale Shopping Tips
- Shop Main Street in Warrensburg for antique, vintage, and new merchandise dealers clearing stock for the year.
- Shop the side streets, front lawns, and alleys for traditional yard sale fare.
- Though the Warrensburg Garage Sale officially starts on a Saturday each year, lots of sellers (individual and professional dealers) open for business on Friday.
- Wear your most comfortable walking shoes and light layers you can add and subtract as needed. Take your yard sale tools too, along with a collapsible wheeled cart or easy-to-carry tote bag.
- Tear yourself away from treasure hunting long enjoy to enjoy local restaurant cuisine and food truck fare.
For More Information:
- Warrensburg "World's Largest Garage Sale"
- Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce
- Warrensburg Garage Sale
- Warrensburg Garage Sale on Facebook
- (518) 668-2203
- View photos from previous years of the Warrensburg Garage Sale