The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the 2011 version of the Weber Genesis E-310.
All around, the Weber Genesis Series grills are the best gas grills on the market for the price. Take care of it and this Grill will last you for a decade and give you the versatility you want to grill anything you want. The high-quality parts, particularly the stainless steel burners will need an occasional cleaning, but will last you long enough to pass it on to your kids.
While this model is a basic three burner grill it has all the space and power most anyone would need. Of all the grills on the market today this one is as close to perfect as you will probably get for less than $1,000.
- Weber support
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Large cooking area
- Efficient heat output for high, even heating
- Single layer hood
- Very limited workspace (side tables)
- Some use of lower quality 430 stainless steel
- Three 14,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches
- 42,000 total BTU output from the main burners
- Push button piezoelectric igniter with cross-over ignition
- Thermometer built into the hood
- Stainless steel side tables
- Constructed of cast aluminum, enameled steel and stainless steel (both 304 and 430 stainless)
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Built in LP fuel gauge
- Cover and propane tank not included
Guide Review - Weber Genesis E-310
Weber builds grills that are among the most recommended in the world. Their wide availability makes them very popular as does their consistently high quality of manufacturing. This Weber grill is an attractive unit of stainless steel and painted steel (available in several colors).
The lid is a heavy single layer of steel piece with a cast aluminum firebox. The frame is welded steel and very strong. Welded steel is much better than the riveted or bolt frames on many lower quality grills.
Apart from the looks, the Weber burner system provides good heat distribution that eliminates hot and cold spots. The three burner configuration gives you the ability to grill indirectly or to have a hot sear zone while having a cooler grilling area. Control on this grill is very good because of its highly adjustable valves.
The Genesis E-310 offers 42,000 BTUs from its three burners under a primary cooking area of 507 square inches. While this is a little low for a grill of this size the efficient design generates more heat with less fuel than many other grills. This unit should reach maximum temperature in less than 10 minutes and can easily sear. This model is a basic unit without side burner. Rotisserie kit is optional.
The biggest gripe with this grill is the almost complete lack of work space. With the control valves consuming most of the right side table this leaves you with only the left side to work with. There's just enough space to put down a normal sized plate and nothing else.
Flip up tables (like older models) would certainly be nice.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a year. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.