The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the new version Weber Genesis E-320.
All around this is one of the best gas grills on the market for its price. Take care of it and a Weber Gas Grill will last you for a decade and give you the versatility you want to grill most anything you can think of. The high-quality parts, particularly the stainless steel burners will need an occasional cleaning, but will last you long enough to pass it on to your kids.
People who own Weber grills swear by them and always buy Weber. This unit is also large enough to suit almost any need.
- Weber Support
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Large cooking area
- Efficient heat output for high, even heating
- Limited workspace
- Single layer hood
- Some stainless steel body parts are low quality stainless
- Three 14,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches
- 42,000 total BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU covered, flush mounted side burner
- Electronic, push button crossover ignition
- Thermometer built into the hood
- Stainless steel side tables
- Constructed of porcelain coated sheet metal, cast aluminum and 304 stainless steel
- Built in LP fuel gauge
- Made in the United States by Weber
Guide Review - Weber Genesis E-320 Gas Grill
Weber builds grills that are among the most recommended in the world.
Their wide availability makes them very popular as does their consistently high quality of manufacturing. This Weber grill is an attractive unit of stainless steel and painted black (or green or blue or copper). The lid is a single layer heavy enameled steel piece, the body is black, dark blue, or green steel with a cast aluminum firebox.
The frame is welded steel. Welded steel is much better than the riveted or bolt frames on many lower quality grills.
Apart from the looks, the Weber burner system provides good heat distribution that eliminates hot and cold spots. The three burner configuration gives you the ability to grill indirectly or to have a hot sear zone while having a cooler grilling area. Control on this grill is very good because of its highly adjustable valves.
The Genesis E-320 offers 42,000 BTUs from its three burners under a primary cooking area of 507 square inches. While this is a little low for a grill of this size the efficient design generates more heat with less fuel than many other grills. This unit should reach maximum temperature in less than 10 minutes and can easily sear. This unit also comes with a 12,000 BTU side burner.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.