The Bottom Line
This portable grill is a master of design. It packs up small with the side tables folding into the grill body yet is large enough to cook up several steaks at once. It uses standard 14 or 16-ounce propane tanks (not included) and has an 189 square-inch porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grate that makes it a big, little grill. At around $200 this grill has Weber's durability and a unique design that has won several awards.
Not only a great grill to cook on, it is cool looking too.
- Durable construction
- Cooks like a full sized grill
- High-quality stainless steel burner
- Pretty expensive for a portable grill
- Heavy for the size
- 189 square inch porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- 8,500 BTU tubular stainless steel burner
- Electronic (AA-battery) ignition
- Wide temperature control valve
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grate
- Hood mounted thermometer
- Cast Aluminum lid and body
- Two folding side work tables
- Weighs about 31 pounds
- Uses 14.1 or 16.4-ounce disposable propane bottles
- Sold propane only
- Made in the United States by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Q-1200 Portable Grill
This small member of the Q family is an excellently constructed little gas grill that gives you plenty of space and power for the size. What makes the Q grill work is the construction. With a cast aluminum body that holds in heat and a heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate to transfer heat to the food this grill cooks like a full sized unit in a portable size.
The 189 square inches of cooking space is large enough to grill several steaks at once so you won't have to grill in shifts.
Great attention to detail has been paid on this grill. In fact, Weber spent 5 years developing this line of portable grills. All in all, if you are willing to pay the nearly $200 price tag for this portable you're going to get a really good grill and at the rate they are selling, I think this is going to be a product that will be around for a while.
Because of the heavy duty construction, this is a heavy little grill. While not suited for being carried long distances this is a perfect grill for trips to the beach or park. It is also a great grill for apartment dwellers who want a real gas grill but just don't have space for one.
This model of the Q-series grill is available in a number of colors.