The Bottom Line
The Weber Q 2200 is the cornerstone of Weber's popular Q line of portable grills. However, at 42 pounds and requiring two hands to carry, this isn't the most portable of portable gas grills. What it is is a good gas grill that just happens to be small enough to be perfect for the balcony or the trunk. The single burner design doesn't give a great deal of versatility, but with 280 square inches of cooking this little grill can cook up burgers, steaks, and chicken for several people.
Efficient design and Weber quality make this a good investment.
- Large cooking area for a portable grill
- Full open gas grilling gets you as closes as possible to real grilling
- It is one of the more expensive portables
- 280 square inch porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- 12,000 BTU tubular stainless steel burner
- Push button ignition
- Two-piece porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates with optional griddle section
- Large hood promises to make room for a whole chicken
- Hood-mounted thermometer
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Two-sided work tables
- Weighs about 42 pounds
- Available conversion for full-sized propane tanks
- Available in multiple colors
- Made in the United States by Weber
Expert Review - Weber Q 2200
In the line of truly portable grills that you can fold up and carry away, this is about as big as you can get. With 280 square inches of grilling space, you should be able to do a lot with this unit.
The hood gives enough space to grill a whole chicken or large roast, so it's as versatile as a single burner can be.
The shell is cast aluminum and the cooking grates are actually heavy porcelain coated cast iron. This holds heat and makes this better than most portable gas grills which tend to be underpowered.
The Q isn't as powerful as a standard gas grill, but it is certainly worth looking at in the portable category. Add in the optional griddle section and this adds even more versatility and not just for cooking pancakes. The griddle can be used as a searing plate as well.
All in all, if you are willing to pay for this portable and don't need it to be very portable, then this is a good choice. At 42 pounds, it is pretty heavy. Add fuel, tools and food and you won't want to take this far, but if you want to grill over gas in a unit that fits in most any car trunk then this is a great choice.
Want something smaller? Consider the smaller Weber Q-1200.