The Bottom Line
Typically Home Depot sells a special or deluxe version of some of the line of Weber gas grills. Now, the Spirit grills have Weber's Gourmet BBQ Accessory System added for no extra price. Similar to the standard Spirit E-210, this model has a special porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate with a removable center piece that can be swapped out for a large number of accessory cooking equipment including a pizza stone, chicken roaster, and the griddle that is included in this package.
- Fold down side tables for smaller footprint
- Quality construction
- Versatile cooking system with additional accessories available
- Lower grades of stainless steel throughout
- Front panel awkward to open
- Version only available at Home Depot
- Two 13,250 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 360 square inches of primary cooking area with 450 square inches of total cooking area
- 26,500 BTUs from the main burners
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates with removable center section
- Electric (AA-Battery) crossover ignition
- Porcelain enameled steel, stainless steel (400 series) and cast aluminum construction
- Comes with porcelain coated cast iron griddle accessory
- Fold down side tables
- Hood mounted thermometer and propane tank gauge
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Built in China by Weber-Stephen Products Company exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Weber Spirit E-210 Gourmet BBQ System
For those that want more than basic grilling, the Gourmet BBQ System from Weber offers almost unlimited potential for accessories.
While this grill comes with a standard griddle attachment there is a host of other accessories available ranging in price from around $35USD to $55USD. What this special version offers is not only $100USD off the MRSP for this model grill but a free accessory system. Obviously, Home Depot and Weber believe that consumers will be willing to add those additional pieces and, therefore, generate additional sales, but for the consumer, this is a tremendous value for an excellent grill.
With a small footprint, this is a very basic 2-burner gas grill. The 2 burners generate 26,500 BTUs of heat under 360 square inches of porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates. This is not a powerful grill and the preheat times are long. However, the grates hold a lot of heat and allow for good heat transfer. This grill will do a good job of grilling a steak or burgers. The temperature range is wide, so low-temperature cooking is very good. The 2-burner design gives enough space to indirectly cook a whole chicken or a roast, but the capacity is limited. Of course, anyone looking to buy a grill this size isn't looking for a large cooking area.
The construction is good. Weber abandoned higher quality stainless steel in favor of price control, so this doesn't have the durability of Weber of the past, but it is still a well-made grill. The majority of the body is enameled steel, something Weber is very good at and I would recommend this black grill over the more expensive stainless steel body paneled Spirit S-210.