The Bottom Line
This Summit series Weber grill is fully loaded with virtually every feature you can think of. Four main burners are supplemented by with a side burner, infrared rotisserie burner, dedicated sear burner and a smoker box with its own smoker burner. All in all, this grill has 8 burners on it and 8 (lighted) control knobs to go with it. The only Weber with more is the six burner version.
Weber provides an excellent warranty and support, so you'll get a good 10 years out of this grill one way or the other. This unit is a full function four burner grill with side burner and an infrared rear-mounted rotisserie burner.
- Even, high heat from 4 stainless steel burners
- Ultra full function grill with smoker box, side burner, rotisserie and sear burner
- Quality construction
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Four 12,200 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 468 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 580 square inches
- 48,800 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with tuck-away rotisserie kit
- 10,600 BTU dedicated sear burner
- 8,000 BTU smoker burner with stainless steel smoker box
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built-in thermometer
- On knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum and steel frame construction with stainless steel cooking grates and barrier
- Sold as either propane or natural gas - not convertible
- Made in the United States by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Summit S-470 Gas Grill
The Summit line of gas grills represents the best of what Weber has to offer. This, the smallest of the Summit line is an attractive and capable gas grill. What you get for around $2,050USD (though you can find it for around $1,850USD) is a four burner, 48,800 BTU gas grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner, 8,000 BTU smoker box burner, 10,600 sear burner and full rotisserie system including rear mounted 10,6000 infrared rotisserie burner.
Weber makes grills that produce great heat, for less fuel and provide a professional level of even heat in cooking. This unit will do pretty much everything you would want a gas grill to do (rotisserie kit optional) from searing a steak to indirectly cooking a turkey.
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that I find to be more gimmick that practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color on shrimp you might be a little hard pressed to see that with this light. A cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
This grill features Weber's tuck-away rotisserie kit that puts the motor on a drop down platform built into the side table and gives you a place to store the rod and forks in the cabinet.
All in all, this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company, have trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a great grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a year. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in a natural gas version.