The Bottom Line
This Weber Summit gas grill is a basic unit with side burner. You have to step up a model to get the smoker burner and full rotisserie system. This unit was completely redesigned back in 2007, but how the grill works hasn't been touched, so this big six burner gas grill is as good as ever, but in a more attractive package. The construction is great and the support fantastic.
If you need a big grill with lots of features this is a great choice.
- Even, high heat from 6 stainless steel burners
- Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Attractive Design
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Six 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 693 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 838 square inches
- 60,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built-in thermometer
- Stainless steel 3/8-inch rod cooking grates and "flavorizer" bars
- On knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum, and steel frame construction
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Available in propane or natural gas - cannot be converted
- Made in the USA
Guide Review - Weber Summit S-620 Gas Grill
The Summit S-650 is the biggest of the Weber gas grills. With about 690 square inches of primary grilling space, you have plenty of room for even the largest of parties. The six burner design gives you a wide range of versatility, but the limited BTUs mean you need to put all six burners on high to get a good sear.
However, the excellent heating and very even output of the stainless steel tubular burners make this a great unit to grill on. This unit comes with a good side burner but, if you want the versatility of an independent infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie set, and an 8,000 BTU smoker burner with smoker box you will have to step up to the Summit S-650
This is an excellent grill and if you've got around $1,600 (find it on sale around $1,500) to spend its a great investment. The stainless steel construction is welded and not bolted like many lesser grills. You also get a great warranty from Weber who has one of the best reputations for support. The superior design limits wear on the internal components and quality of those components means they should last for many, many years. It's really hard to say that a Weber isn't a good investment.
I would like to see more output from the main burners on this unit. The six burners are only 10,000 BTUs each so the overall heat output is a little limited. You'll need to preheat with all six burners if you expect to get a heavy sear on a steak. However, this grill will cook great and only the most finicky will find fault with it.