The Bottom Line
This built-in version of the Summit S-670 gas grill is a large, six burner unit that offers all the advantages of a Weber Summit grill in an insert unit. This insert grill is unique in size and cut out so make sure you can fit it before you buy. If you can, then this grill offers everything you would want in a custom grill, but at a more affordable price than many other similar units (this one sells around $3,000).
The full rotisserie system including infrared rotisserie burner. You also get an internal smoker burner, plus there is the option of a flush mounted side burner module.
- Even, high heat from 6 stainless steel burners
- Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Full feature insert with a rotisserie system and smoker burner
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- Requires a large, nonstandard cut out
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Six 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 624 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 769 square inches
- 60,000 BTU output from the main burners
- 6,800 BTU dedicated smoker burner with a stainless steel smoker box and a 10,600 BTU internal booster sear burner
- 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit included
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum and steel frame construction
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built in thermometer and built-in double door cabinet
- On knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates and "flavorizer" bars
- Sold as either propane or natural gas - not convertible
- Made in the USA by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Summit S-660 Gas Grill
The Summit S-660 built-in gas grill is comparable to the biggest of the Weber gas grills. With 624 square inches of primary grilling space, you have plenty of room for even the largest of parties. The six burner design gives you a wide range of versatility and control. The excellent heating and very even output of the stainless steel tubular burners make this a great unit to grill on. You also get the versatility of an independent infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie set with a 10,600 BTU infrared rotisserie burner and an 8,000 BTU smoker burner with a smoker box and a 10,600 BTU sear burner. This is an optional, matching side burner unit that can be added to any grill island alongside.
As an insert, this grill has a unique size and shape with a double door cabinet built into the unit underneath the grill. This not only gives you storage space (potentially saving you from buying another cabinet) but acts to safely distance the cooking chamber from your custom enclosure. I do suggest that you take a long look at this grill before you make any commitment. It does look very similar to a freestanding unit with the side tables removed and pushed into an enclosure.
While some insert grills have standard sizes that allow you to change them out with a similar sized unit, this one requires a serious commitment since any other unit will not fit the cut-out. Of course, this Weber is built to last and the frame structure is very solid. You should get a good decade out of this grill is you take care of it (custom fitting covers are available).